Thursday 9 September 2010


Pastels in Fashion…

This photo of Blake Lively in Chanel I shouldn’t like yet I am in love with the outfit. It’s pastel and frilly yet she manages to pull it off with a glowing tan and beachy hair. It reminded me how pastels could be chic without looking naive or too girly. 


 Whilst trawling through my old scrapbooks I found these pale pink and green Manalo Blahnik shoes which are still to-die-for ten years later and this striking photograph by Peter Lindbergh in 1991 of Chanel-clad supermodels which shows how pastels can be toughened up when paired with chunky black leather biker jackets and boots, blingy gold chains and baker boy caps. 

…and in Food


Of course, ever since the SATC girls graced the Magnolia Bakery in New York in early 2000 (see pic above left of some I bought on a trip there) the humble cupcake has rocketed to fame and England is awash with these larger-than-ever yet incredibly light confections with their candy coloured cream cheese or buttery creamy icing. Embracing the pure girliness of this food trend I made these Lavender cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook which were surprisingly delicious and un-soapy in the way that Lavender scented foods can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment