This is the strawberry and cream of sorbets – absolutely British and summery. It is very refreshing and the real roses that scent the syrup turn it a bright pink whilst the coconut softens it to more dusky hue.
Rose and Coconut Sorbet by Sophie Dahl
- Gently heat 115g Golden Caster Sugar in 600ml water until the sugar had dissolved.
- Increase the heat and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the petals of 3 Organic Roses, washed, squashing them down with a spoon.
- Leave to steep overnight in a covered bowl.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and discard the petals. Add 1tsp Glycerine, 1 juiced Lemon and 200ml Coconut Milk and stir. Taste and add a bit of Rose Water if needing more rosiness.
- Churn in an ice-cream maker and then freeze.