Saturday 28 August 2010

What I've Been Cooking

So, since I just started blogging, I thought it would be nice to put some of my recent photos of food in one post rather than leave them unused. I wish I was a better photographer - the ravioli is particularly dire - and it is hard when I have people wanting to eat it straight away! The cake is a beloved recipe that my friend Kate and I wrote up for the uni magazine in a (somewhat vain) attempt to make the average student more adventurous! 
Nigella's Courgette Cake
This salad was a perfect way to use up a seriously large knobbly cucumber and very unusual with the crunch of the seeds and sweet vinegary dressing. 
Ottolenghi's Cucumber and Poppy Seed Salad
The 'easy' fresh pasta was actually fantastically stubborn as it kept laddering like tights when I rolled it out. Eventually (with the help of a rolling pin) I got silk like sheets ready for the squash and marscapone filling.

Theo Randall's First Autumnal Pumpkin Ravioli
The largest, juiciest end of season figs...
Grilled Figs Wrapped in Parma Ham with Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment