Thursday 14 October 2010

Chilli for the Chileans!


I couldn’t resist. Actually, I’d like to say that I made this South American feast of a meal in celebration of the amazing feat that getting those poor miners up and out was, but it was more a case of greedily salivating over a recipe shown on ITV’s ‘This Morning’. How embarrassing! Lisa Faulkner who won Masterchef was on the show cooking Chilli with Chocolate (as it is national chocolate week – who knew?!) and I felt I had to try it as I love anything that cooks for a long enough time to completely forget about it, as the meat gets so tender. Also I have never tried savoury in chocolate so thought I’d give it a go. It’s absolutely delicious and very rich, mainly from the addition of balsamic vinegar, sugar and ketchup rather than the chocolate which I think serves to give the dish depth and glossiness (does that make sense?) rather than sweetness as it is dark chocolate. As she suggested I served it with tortilla chips and soured cream and also made an avocado salsa with 1 chopped avo, 1 finely chopped shallot, 1 tsp rock salt, a squeeze of lime and a dash of Worcestershire sauce – I like to think this made it more celebratory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment